1. Personal Information
In this policy, “personal information” means the same as it does in the Privacy Act 2020 (“Privacy Act”). In general terms, this includes any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name, age, gender, address, contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses) images of you, your biometric data and financial information, including your payment information. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, then the information is considered personal information.
2. Types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Image and sound;
- Mailing or street address;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Age or birth date;
- Profession, occupation or job title;
- Personal information that is available through social media;
- Details of the products and services you have purchased from us (including payment information) or which you have enquired about or showed interest in, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- Any additional personal information that you provide to us directly or indirectly through our websites, apps or in-store or through our representatives, through use of our services or otherwise; and
- Information you provide to us through our customer contact centre or customer surveys, or that is publicly available
Our Sites and Apps are intended for use by general audiences and are not targeted directly at children. We will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information through our websites or apps, we will remove their personally identifiable information from our files. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child has provided such information through our websites or apps, the parent or guardian should contact us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may respond appropriately.
3. Collection of personal information
We collect various types of personal information when you register with us via our websites, mobile sites or mobile applications (our “Sites and Apps”); purchase any products or services from us; contact one of our customer service representatives; register for customer rewards programs; or complete a survey or enter a contest or sweepstakes that we sponsor. This information may be collected directly from you (for example, when you complete our forms or enter your information on our websites to make a purchase) or indirectly through your device or browser when you visit our Sites and Apps.
You agree that we may also collect personal information from third parties, including:
- Third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, other retailers (for the purpose of preventing criminal behaviour), law enforcement agencies, and other government entities;
- Mailing lists;
- Contractors and business partners;
- Suppliers or manufacturers; and
In addition to information collected from our customers, we and our service providers also collect certain information from candidates who apply for a job with Enspirement to contact you about your application and evaluate your qualifications for the position, including your name, phone number, e-mail address, postal address, education information, and employment information.
4. If we are not able to collect personal information
If you choose not to provide us with the personal information described within this policy, then:
- We may not be able to provide you with the product or services you have requested, either to the same standard or at all;
- We may not be able to provide you with information about products or services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions;
- We may not be able to tailor our content, website and communications for your preferences.
5. Use of personal information
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to enable us to perform our business activities and to provide the best possible customer service.
We use your information to fulfill product orders, to customise and improve the advertising and content you see, to offer suggestions for personalised products based on your content, to deliver marketing communications and promotional materials that you may be interested in, to contact you and provide customer service, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or websites, to detect and prevent fraud or illegal activity, to take precautions against liability, to detect and remediate misuse of our Sites and Apps, to develop and improve our products and services, and for internal operational purposes.
Your personal information will be held for us in the data centres, platforms and systems of our third-party service providers.
6. Use of personal information for marketing
We use personal information to provide you with information or advice about our existing and new products and services. We also use it to conduct promotions on our own behalf and on behalf of selected third parties.
If at any stage, you no longer wish to receive these marketing communications you may unsubscribe by using the link in any promotional email, logging into your account and changing your preferences or contacting us at email@example.com.
We will not provide any personal information to an advertiser or any other third party without your express consent or in accordance with this policy.
If you receive communications from us that you believe have been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Information You Provide About Others
- To recognise your computer or device and greet you each time you visit our websites, without bothering you with a request to register or log-in;
- To keep track of products or services you view, so that we can send you, directly or through third parties, news about those products or services or other similar or related products or services from Enspirement that we think you may be interested in;
- To measure traffic patterns, to determine which areas of our websites have been visited, and to measure transaction patterns in the aggregate;
- To research our users’ habits so that we can improve our products and services;
- To operate our websites efficiently with a high level of functionality;
- To measure the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives;
- To learn about your preferences so that we can present you with web content and advertising that is relevant to you;
- To measure the number of advertising referrals we have received to our websites from other websites; and
- To produce data on web traffic and customer web activity through our website or apps.
Please note that cookie-based opt-outs only apply to the specific computer and browser on which the opt-out cookie is applied. If you accept a cookie, you can delete it at any time through your web browser. If you choose not to accept Cookies, though, you will not be able to enjoy all the features available to our registered users.
9. Disclosure of personal information
We do not sell, license or share the personal information we collect with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To our employees;
- For the operation of our websites or our business;
- For the specific purpose of fulfilling requests by you;
- To provide products and services to you;
- Where we are permitted to under the Privacy Act;
- As otherwise detailed in this policy.
Where we engage third parties to undertake services, we may provide those third parties with some of your information if it is required to fulfill those services and only to the extent required to fulfill those services. Examples of such third party providers may include, but not limited to:
- Service providers such as web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, photographic analysers, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisers such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- Software providers such as customer relationship management and accounting software;
- Existing or potential vendors, business partners or joint venture entities or partners;
- Sponsors, or promoters of any competition that we conduct or promote;
- Specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us.
We may disclose your personal information to manufacturers or suppliers of products or services for product warranty or guarantee fulfillment purposes, to facilitate repair of a product or where the manufacturer or supplier has advised that they need to contact you for any issues related to the quality or safety of the product or service you have purchased.
We require any third party to protect your information against unauthorised use or disclosure.
In addition to the above, we release personal information only when it is permitted under the Privacy Act or required by law for legal compliance and law enforcement (including to government agencies with statutory law enforcement responsibilities, and/or to your Internet Service Provider or network administrator); to facilitate court proceedings; enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or protect our or your rights, property, or safety and the rights, property and safety of our users, or others, and where we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary. Government agencies with statutory roles enabling them to request data from us include the Police, Inland Revenue and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
10. Disclosure of personal information outside of your country or region
We may disclose personal information to external service providers or entities located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
11. Protection of personal information
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access or modification. If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately.
12. Right to access or change your personal information
You have choices about how your information is collected and used. You can notify us of your preferences when you create an account with us, and if you would like to review, correct or delete your account information on our Sites and Apps, you can do so by logging in to your account or by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
There may be times when we are unable to fulfill your request – for example, if providing access to your personal information would reveal confidential commercial or proprietary information or personal information about someone else (and we cannot separate your data), if we are prohibited by law from disclosing the information, or if we have a legal obligation to retain certain data. We may require additional personal information from you for the purposes of verifying your identity and rights.
13. Opting out of Marketing Communications
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages you receive, or by contacting us through Customer Service. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the services we provide, such as service announcements and administrative messages (for example, communications related to a pending order, an unresolved customer service issue, or a Policy update). We do not offer you the ability to opt-out of receiving those communications.
14. Security of your information
Although no website, application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof,” we have safeguards in place to protect against unauthorised access and disclosures of the personal information we control, including technical, physical and administrative safeguards and security measures. Despite these measures, however, we cannot guarantee that our information security safeguards will never be compromised.
16. Contact Us
Enspirement, c/- MGI Auckland Limited,
Level 2, Fidelity House, 81 Carlton Gore Road, Newmarket, Auckland, New Zealand
Last updated: 5 May 2021